Sunday 27 February 2011

My Life as a Crap Artist, part 2


Not long after my last post on this subject, someone got in touch with me about this project - 220 artists living in 30 countries doing a self-portrait every day for three months, all leading up to 2018, when Maastricht in the Netherlands will be European city of culture. If there's one thing I can confidently draw every day for 90 days it's my own face, being as I know it pretty well, so I agreed to take on this challenge and have been spending between 15 and 30 minutes each day, usually just before midnight, sketching and inking them into a book. The idea is that it also function as a sort of mood diary, so there are quite a few long expressions. I've also been using it as an opportunity to practice drawing hands and hair - two things I find endlessly difficult.

Here are some of my favourites so far. If I was ten years younger and just about to go into art college, I'd be off to a pretty good start.
















1 comment:

Silkworms Ink said...

Simply amazing Jon, thanks for sharing -phil